All maintenance issues should be reported to our Property Management Department, our Property Management department opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.

The first thing you need to do when facing a maintenance issue is to decide whether or not it is an emergency. An emergency issue would be if the situation is dangerous, life threatening, or may result in an injury or serious damage to the property.

Next you’ll need to know if your property is managed by CR Real Estate or not. You can find this information in your tenancy agreement provided to you, or give us a call during office hours and we can let you know. If your property is not managed by us, you will need to contact your Landlord directly with any maintenance issues, including emergency issues. Please ensure that you know your Landlord’s specific contractors and where to shut off the mains supply of gas, electricity and water to the property and have contact details for emergency services provided by your utility suppliers.

What is classed as an emergency maintenance issue?

  • Gas leak. If you can smell gas, call the National Grid on 0800 111 999 in the first instance
  • Failure of gas, electricity or water supply
  • Dangerous electrical fault
  • Complete lighting or power failure. You should be sure to check your fuses or trip switch and contact your supplier in case there is a fault that they are aware of
  • Total loss of water supply. Again, check with your supplier first in case your water mains have been turned off for scheduled maintenance
  • Serious water leaks from tanks and pipes
  • Broken window or door causing a lack of security
  • Failure of heating system in the winter if you are elderly, have young children, or are vulnerable
  • Serious roof leak
  • Storm or fire damage

Only in the event that an EMERGENCY occurs outside business hours you should call the contractors provided on the below list. (Note: if a contractor is called out for an issue that is not deemed an EMERGENCY, or your Landlords responsibility, or in cases where neighbouring properties are affected, you may be liable for the cost of the callout charge plus the contractors invoice.)

Plumbing Emergencies

Company: CAS Plumbing and Heating

Contact name: Chris Smith

Contact number: 07793 355484


Company: Lock Doc

Contact name: Kaj Darby

Contact number: 0800 0146267


Book A Valuation